Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

FIOS Home Phone

sawwas
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS Home Phone

Message 1 of 2
(1,646 Views)

For the last week I am having a problem with my FIOS phone service.  When I am on the phone and I get another call it go to my cell phone.  I forward my home number to my cell every morning but I always unforward them every night when I get home.  I have been forwarding my calls for years and I have never had a problem.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanking you in advance

1 REPLY 1
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: FIOS Home Phone

Message 2 of 2
(1,631 Views)

I don't have FiOS phone service, but on most phone services there is a difference between "call forward all calls", "call forward no answer", and "call forward busy" -- and each has a separate forwarding code to activate and deactivate it.   

Is is possible you somehow setup a "call forward busy" pointed at your cell phone?   Such that when you enable/disable the call forward all calls setting, you are still leaving this setting in place for busy situations?   I assume the cell phone doesn't ring after you disable the forward and are NOT on the phone when an call comes in?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.