FIOS LINE SNAPPED IN HALF
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My FIOS line snapped right in half during the noreaster on Saturday night, not even from a tree limb!   I tried calling Verizon on sunday and after waiting a half an hour I was told they needed to connect me to FIOS service.  I waited another half hour there only to find out I was connected to DSL.  I tried calling back,   another half hour, another agent saying she needed to connect me to FIOS.  At this point the battery on my cell phone was almost out and I had no power so I begged the agent to help me. She said she would make a note on my account.  Here is it Monday and there is no help recorded or on the way!   I can't figure out how to get thru and I'm worried I will be without TV, Internet and Phone for a month!   They don't make it easy to report an outage... yea, go to the internet which doesn't work if you don't have internet!

Any suggestions anyone?  Also,  does anyone know why my land line phone would automatically be forwarded to my cell phone... I didn't ask for that but that seems to be what's going on right now.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS LINE SNAPPED IN HALF
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS LINE SNAPPED IN HALF
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well,  no agent every contacted me but a truck just showed up at my house a few hours after this post to do the repair.  He needed to get into my house and I was at work.  Luckily a neighbor was home to let him in.  While I'm grateful for the prompt service ... Verizon ... Get Your Act Together!!!!!

I'm convinced the prompt service was a result of my posts on these forums ... it would have been nice to do it the right way.  Call,  contact a live agent,  open a ticket, get a scheduled repair window, etc...  Not some knee jerk reaction to a negative post...  If my neighbor hadn't come to the rescue, the entire service call would have been a waste of time for everyone!

0 Likes