FIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONT
LMF9449

Have voice mail,in coming calls get busy signal.  Dial tone is not the issue, we have dial tone & If it was a phone causing a busy signal should it not go to voice mail. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONT
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you plug the phone in at the ONT does it still ring busy?
0 Likes
Re: FIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONT
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.  Has this been resolved for you?  If you have everything working at the ONT, that means that your issue is inside.  Possible causes are equipment (phones, fax machine, answering, etc.) or inside wiring (jacks, junction boxes, wiring, etc.)  Please message me if you are still not able to receive phone calls. 

Regards,

Brian

0 Likes
Re: BIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONTO
LtlGuinea
I had the same issue -- My main line was ported over from another provider that was on copper and moved to FiOS.  I was told by Tech support that is was my inside wiring.  I went out to the old phone box and disconnected the old copper wire coming to the house for that line and I had no more problems.  I know my phone was double ported for a few days and then something must have changed and my phone service was whacked out.  After disconnecting the old line coming to the house the "inside wiring problem" disappeared.
0 Likes
Re: BIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONTO
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Porting is an entirely different issue. The Fios tech first needs to activate the ONT and get dialtone there. The tech should then disconnect your old copper line or cable modem and test the number incoming and outgoing. If a problem occurs which should be incoming calls the tech needs to notify either the Winback group or LNP (local number portability) to fix the issue depending on the provider.
0 Likes