Switch Account

FIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONT

FIOS PHONE SERVICE RINGS BUSY HAVE DIAL TONE AT ONT

Contributor LMF9449
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(7,290 Views)

Have voice mail,in coming calls get busy signal.  Dial tone is not the issue, we have dial tone & If it was a phone causing a busy signal should it not go to voice mail. 

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 5
(7,265 Views)
If you plug the phone in at the ONT does it still ring busy?
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 3 of 5
(7,213 Views)

Hello.  Has this been resolved for you?  If you have everything working at the ONT, that means that your issue is inside.  Possible causes are equipment (phones, fax machine, answering, etc.) or inside wiring (jacks, junction boxes, wiring, etc.)  Please message me if you are still not able to receive phone calls. 

Regards,

Brian

Brian K
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor LtlGuinea
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(7,180 Views)
I had the same issue -- My main line was ported over from another provider that was on copper and moved to FiOS.  I was told by Tech support that is was my inside wiring.  I went out to the old phone box and disconnected the old copper wire coming to the house for that line and I had no more problems.  I know my phone was double ported for a few days and then something must have changed and my phone service was whacked out.  After disconnecting the old line coming to the house the "inside wiring problem" disappeared.
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 5 of 5
(7,180 Views)
Porting is an entirely different issue. The Fios tech first needs to activate the ONT and get dialtone there. The tech should then disconnect your old copper line or cable modem and test the number incoming and outgoing. If a problem occurs which should be incoming calls the tech needs to notify either the Winback group or LNP (local number portability) to fix the issue depending on the provider.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.