FIOS call blocking won't block
RickC4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting a call from a phone-spammer.  The number displays, so I added it to my call blocking list.  The number is still ringing through.  I then tried doing a selective call forward, sending the calls back to the number.  No good.

This spammer must have some magic to avoid call blocking.  Any ideas how I can fix this?  I wrote to Verizon support but never got a response.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS call blocking won't block
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@RickC wrote:

I am getting a call from a phone-spammer.  The number displays, so I added it to my call blocking list.  The number is still ringing through.  I then tried doing a selective call forward, sending the calls back to the number.  No good.

This spammer must have some magic to avoid call blocking.  Any ideas how I can fix this?  I wrote to Verizon support but never got a response.

important tips

• Call Block is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

This service cannot block cell phone numbers, some business numbers or calls from pay phones.

• Any calls made from outside your defined calling area or through the operator may not be blocked. This is for your protection in case of an emergency.

the only way I know of to 100% block without those limitations is with buying hardware at www.privacycorps.com  it's called   caller id manager  I Don't know anyone that has purchased it, one user here did and he never came back to tell us it worked. so I can't 100% vouch for it, you may want to look up user reviews on it before making a purchase, but that is the only thing that I have seen that "says" it can do it

0 Likes