Switch Account

FIOS call blocking won't block

FIOS call blocking won't block

Contributor RickC
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(747 Views)

I am getting a call from a phone-spammer.  The number displays, so I added it to my call blocking list.  The number is still ringing through.  I then tried doing a selective call forward, sending the calls back to the number.  No good.

This spammer must have some magic to avoid call blocking.  Any ideas how I can fix this?  I wrote to Verizon support but never got a response.

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(732 Views)

@RickC wrote:

I am getting a call from a phone-spammer.  The number displays, so I added it to my call blocking list.  The number is still ringing through.  I then tried doing a selective call forward, sending the calls back to the number.  No good.

This spammer must have some magic to avoid call blocking.  Any ideas how I can fix this?  I wrote to Verizon support but never got a response.

important tips

• Call Block is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

This service cannot block cell phone numbers, some business numbers or calls from pay phones.

• Any calls made from outside your defined calling area or through the operator may not be blocked. This is for your protection in case of an emergency.

the only way I know of to 100% block without those limitations is with buying hardware at www.privacycorps.com  it's called   caller id manager  I Don't know anyone that has purchased it, one user here did and he never came back to tell us it worked. so I can't 100% vouch for it, you may want to look up user reviews on it before making a purchase, but that is the only thing that I have seen that "says" it can do it

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.