FiOS Digital Voice: Busy Signal-->Reorder.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've just discovered a quirk with Verizon Digital voice.  In the past with POTS service, if you called a busy telephone number, you would hear the traditional busy signal until you either hung up, or the Central Office timed out and cut you through to an intercept followed by that loud fast beeping tone that signified that a receiver was off-hook.

Today I discovered that, if you call a busy telephone number, and you are on the Digital Voice platform, the Packet Switch gives you two busy beeps followed by a reorder.

Is that how the Packet Switch is supposed to function, or, should it more closely mimic Verizon's TDM switches (5E & DMS-10 & 100)? šŸ¤”

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Digital Voice: Busy Signal-->Reorder.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I called into Verizon Repair to speak to an agent concerning this question. Before asking the question, I explained that I was a former IXC/CLEC CO technician so my question would be different than the ones customers would normally ask.

The agent said that the two busies followed by the reorder was "normal". My former employer had Packet Switches and if my memory is correct, a similar situation as described above was addressed. However, this was almost a decade ago, so, my memory is a bit hazy.

I will post this question over on DSL Reports to see if their users have a working knowledge of the Packet Switch equipment Verizon has deployed.

View solution in original post

Re: FiOS Digital Voice: Busy Signal-->Reorder.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I called into Verizon Repair to speak to an agent concerning this question. Before asking the question, I explained that I was a former IXC/CLEC CO technician so my question would be different than the ones customers would normally ask.

The agent said that the two busies followed by the reorder was "normal". My former employer had Packet Switches and if my memory is correct, a similar situation as described above was addressed. However, this was almost a decade ago, so, my memory is a bit hazy.

I will post this question over on DSL Reports to see if their users have a working knowledge of the Packet Switch equipment Verizon has deployed.