FiOS Digital Voice Listing A
samehere1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know what this is?  I have a monthly $3.00 charge on my bill for a "Voice Additonal Service" called "FiOS Digital Voice Listing A."  When I called Verizon Digital voice in December (the first time it showed up) they credited the charge back to my account and supposedly removed it.  Here we are in January and it is back.  I called Verizon Digital Voice again and they traced it to something called "Listing outside of customer's geographic area," but were unable to remove it.  The customer service rep worked with me for 30 minutes and told me that I need to remove it myself because she doesn't have access.  She told me to go to my digital voice account manager screen to remove it.  When I couldn't find that particular screen, she transferred me to website support, who promptly transferred me back to Verizon Digital Voice to start the process over again.  I have located my Digital Voice account manager on my own, but I cannot find the elusive Voice Additional Service called "FiOS Digital Voice Listing A."  How do I remove this?  Please Help!

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice Listing A
prisaz
Legend

@samehere wrote:

Does anyone know what this is?  I have a monthly $3.00 charge on my bill for a "Voice Additonal Service" called "FiOS Digital Voice Listing A."  When I called Verizon Digital voice in December (the first time it showed up) they credited the charge back to my account and supposedly removed it.  Here we are in January and it is back.  I called Verizon Digital Voice again and they traced it to something called "Listing outside of customer's geographic area," but were unable to remove it.  The customer service rep worked with me for 30 minutes and told me that I need to remove it myself because she doesn't have access.  She told me to go to my digital voice account manager screen to remove it.  When I couldn't find that particular screen, she transferred me to website support, who promptly transferred me back to Verizon Digital Voice to start the process over again.  I have located my Digital Voice account manager on my own, but I cannot find the elusive Voice Additional Service called "FiOS Digital Voice Listing A."  How do I remove this?  Please Help!

Did you by chance choose an area code outside of your area when you signed up for digital voice?. Many people do this so friends or family can call them and not incure long distance charges. If you signed up for digital voice and did not do this, I have no answer. I also did not know there was a charge for this service. Say you wanted a California phone number, you would not pay long distance if you lived on the East coast, because you would have unlimited long distance, but may be charged for a local listing in California. If that is the case you could ask for your number to be unlisted, not sure if there is a charge for that, but I know there is a charge for unpublished numbers.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice Listing A
samehere1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks prisaz...

No.  My area code is for where I live.

I just got ahold of another Verizon Digital Voice Customer Service Rep, who lookend further into the issue and said that "some quirk caused this charge to be placed on my account."  He couldn't find any reason why it was there and said he would remove the offending item.

We'll see if it comes back next month.

Thanks again.

0 Likes