Switch Account

FiOS Digital Voice price increase coming.

FiOS Digital Voice price increase coming.

MVP gs0b MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 35
(6,398 Views)

Found this in my latest bill:

-------------------

Notice of Price Increase
Effective May 17, 2014, Verizon will apply an FDV Administrative
Charge of $0.99 per FiOS Digital Voice line. This monthly surcharge
helps defray account servicing costs associated with providing voice
services. This is a Verizon surcharge, not a tax or governmental fee.
Visit verizon.com for more information.

-------------------

Thought others might want to know in case you don't read your bill carefully.

Have Fun.

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
34 REPLIES 34
Contributor debddigger
Contributor
Message 2 of 35
(6,195 Views)

So does that mean even if you sign up for a bundle for 2 years at, say, $79.99 that Verizon can still tack on this administrative charge without having violated the agreement?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 3 of 35
(6,170 Views)

You betcha!  It says so somewhere in the agreement

Contributor stas
Contributor
Message 4 of 35
(5,933 Views)

I've been with FiOS for a few years now and with regard to service I'm not at all happy.  Every few months I need to call them and sit on the phone for hours trying to get credit for things they overcharged me for.

Now they increase set-top box rentals, tack on this administrative fee.  The agreement you sign is useless but for the termination fee.

Contributor UncleJoe
Contributor
Message 5 of 35
(5,596 Views)

The $0.99 surcharge has federal, state and local taxes and fees applied to it; on my bill the real increase netted to $1.21.  My concern, however, is not with the amount, but with a regulated utility's ability to get around a contract price by labeling an increase as an "administrative charge."  

I called their customer service line to discuss/complain.  When I asked what would prevent Verizon from using this as a vehicle to increase prices by $10 or $15, assuming Time Warner/AT&T/DIrectTV raised their prices as well, he admitted that he was not aware of any restrictions.  Neither am I.

I can't find anything in my contract with Verizon that lets them increase my price by instituting back-end increases.  I'm pursuing with government regulators and encourage you all to do so as well.  If this gets through, there will be more.

Contributor AB2014
Contributor
Message 6 of 35
(5,322 Views)

Please let me know how can we escalate to regulatory authority, means who should I write, their address, correct process, right department/authority. I think every month all govt taxes increase & verizon surcharge & fess too. How can that be always & so frequent?

Contributor AngryInSA
Contributor
Message 7 of 35
(5,265 Views)

Time to get VoIP!

Contributor Syd
Contributor
Message 8 of 35
(5,153 Views)

FDV Administrative Fee... bogus.  People should collectively respond by complaining about it.

@AngryInSA wrote:

Time to get VoIP!

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 9 of 35
(5,088 Views)

I wonder if its regional or what.  So far no such fee or announcement on my bills.

Contributor DmitriK
Contributor
Message 10 of 35
(5,046 Views)

Do not worry - it is coming - I have it on my bill for June

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.