Re: FiOS Digital Voice price increase coming.
sloweddie1

I, like a lot of people are on a fixed income, and cannot afford increases just because Verizon thinks they deserve more money,  When I first got cable , it was about $20.00 and few commercials, NOW less  time on the programs and much more commercials which should decrease the cost of cable, but no, the cable companies want to get paid from their advertizers and their customers as well. This FDV Administrative charge , if it still exists in 23 months, will have Verizon knocking on my door asking me to PLEASE COME BACK, as Cablevision is doing now.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

downgrade FiOs Digital voice plan to Per Minute plan,   incoming call   free,  5 cents minute outgoing call and 800 number outgoing are free,  save the money

0 Likes
punky_one

I contacted Verizon customer service to complain about the new FDV administration charge. I was told it was a "passthrough" fee imposed by the FCC, and Verizon was not charging it, they were only "passing it along".

I explained an FCC fee should have shown up under  the "Government Fees" heading, not under "Verizon Fees", but she insisted it was an FCC fee imposed fee. She even read the fee description from her "official" literature, and sure enough the literature claimed it was an FCC fee. I should have requested an email copy of it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not what it says on their page

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/billing/charges+and+taxes/taxes+and+surch...

That page define the fee as

"This monthly line charge helps defray account servicing costs associated with providing voice services. This surcharge is applied by Verizon and is not a tax or fee assessed by a government agency."

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Why not downgrade your plan to per minute plan,incoming calls free, 5 cents per minute for outgoing , save money

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@manhattanNYC wrote:

Why not downgrade your plan to per minute plan,incoming calls free, 5 cents per minute for outgoing , save money

Not sure what that reduces cost by, but for many 5 cents a minute gets expensive fast.  And I expect the new fee still applies.   My bundles (NY and FL) shows FDV Unlimited $30 and a $10 discount, so $20 + fees and taxes.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

$15 per minute plan ,$5 discount,    5 cents minute outgoing call , 800 number outgoing and local verizon landline free too,

0 Likes
punky_one

I was told by Verizon the Fios Digital plan was tne only option for phone service.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

do it online, also you can check there are 2 plans for Fios digital voice , per minute plan or unlimited plan

0 Likes
nwdc

This is a simple breach of contract by Verizon.  The purchase order specifies that the bill paid to Verizon will not change unless there were “changes made after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments or installments.”  None of these conditions apply to the so called "FDV Administrative Charge" that Verizon has unilaterally imposed.

0 Likes