FiOS digital voice cannot access home voice mail from forwarded cell phone number??
jf1966

I recently came back to FiOS TV, internet and digital phone (two numbers) from cable bundle of same services and over the past 10 days I have spent over 12 hours on hold and speaking with technicians, NTs and supervisors to figure out this seemingly simple task. 

I forward calls from my Verizon cell phone using *72.  When a calls comes to the cell phone it is immediately forwarded to the FiOS home number.  The home number rings then my outgoing voice mail message never engages.  A message comes on to enter a 10 digit number to access the FiOS voice mail system.  When a caller dials my home number directly, my personal outgoing message comes on and the caller is prompted to leave a message.  This happens with *71 also.

I have been told this has been escalated, but everytime I call there is no new information on the ticket.  I have been told by a supervisor to ask for the "ESAP Tier I" group.  Who the {word filter avoidance} are they?  With NASA?

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: FiOS digital voice cannot access home voice mail from forwarded cell phone number??
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Few thoughts ...

Do you happen to have the cell phone number somehow configured with your voicemail system to do automatic message retrieval (i.e. if I call from this number, I don't have to enter a pin)?   Try turning that off if that's the case to see what happens.

From what number are you calling the cell phone when you do your test?   Your home number?  If so, try calling from a different number.

You don't have your home phone setup to forward (or simul-ring) to your cell phone or any other phone do you?   Turn that off as well if you do.

I suspect none of these are probably the issue ... but just thinking out loud while you wait for whatever this special support group is to call you back (hopefully on your home phone --- or you'll never get their message!).

0 Likes
Re: FiOS digital voice cannot access home voice mail from forwarded cell phone number??
jf1966

thanks Lasagna, but I have tried everything you suggested and then some.  I think it is a programming setting in the digital server/switch that I think has to be either turned on or off depending on what it is currently set to.   Keep thinking and dont hesitate to post any other ideas or thoughts.  Its all appreciated. 

Its very frustrating that the cable company got it right and the phone company cant get their {word filter avoidance} together.  I would hate to have to go back to cable just because of this issue  and unfortunately for me it is an issue big enough for that as I work from home and dont get cell coverage in my house...another great Verizon byproduct!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jf1966

You have received information in your private message box -- > . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.}

0 Likes
KDSNet

I have spent countless hours working this same problem with all the geniuses at Verizon FiOS.  At one point they had me on conference call with Verizon Wireless because the FiOS people were sure it is a wireless issue.  I don’t understand why this is such a problem.  All I want is to forward calls from a mobile to my home number then go to my home voice mail.  The forwarding is working because I can answer the phone at home on a forwarded call, it just doesn’t go to the correct voice mailbox.  I don’t understand why they cannot support this.  It worked with Vonage, Magic Jack, and Goggle Phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Hughh1

Verizon technicians seem to have no clue what to do to fix this.  Anyone any ideas?  Please help!!! 

0 Likes