Forwarding my land line question
jmail59

Can I have my land line cancelled but have my land line number permanently forwarded to my cell  phone without changing my cell phone number? If so what's the cost?

0 Likes
Re: Forwarding my land line question
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm pretty sure you can set up your calls to your landline to forward to another number after disconnection. There is a cost and I don't think it's permanent. If you have a Verizon white pages I'm almost positive I read about this service in the beginning section.

I'm sure after a period of time Verizon or some other company would want to use your landline phone #.

I'm wondering just out of curiosity if someone could disconnect their landline and port the number over to a cell phone?

0 Likes
jmail59
That's what I'm wanting to know myself... you done a lot better job of explaning it... thanks! Just to be clear though I want to keep my existing cell phone number as well.
Message Edited by jmail59 on 07-18-2009 04:55 PM
0 Likes
MicheruVZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

We can do what's called an 'incercept' - meaning calls sent to your old number get a message with a number to call you at.

It lasts about six months, or however long it takes for your number to be recycled back into the pool of available BTNs.

Micheru

Message Edited by KaLin on 07-19-2009 03:38 PM
0 Likes