Re: HELP! Can't receive faxes with Verizon Phone Service
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@lily458 wrote:

... have read many complaints and it seems to me that no one gets their problems fixed and Verizon could care less about keeping a customer ... Comcast, here I come.

I can only suggest you expand your reading list.  I have had essentially all of my problems fixed to my satisfaction since becoming a subscriber in March 2012, and there have been quite a few issues.  I have spent time carefully explaining my issues, what I have done to resolve them, and specifically how I think the tech or customer service people can help me further.  In all cases the issues have been resolved by allowing both sides to work together.

Don't get me wrong:  I wish I didn't have to spend so much time getting things arranged.  However that's just how it is these days when it comes to complicated computer systems and the wide range of problems that can occur.  Users today have to invest the time to understand their own systems as well as possible, and then move on from there.  It's not going to get much simpler in the future, at least in the near future.

0 Likes
jlyell

I had this problem and changed the # of rings before voice mail from 4 to 6 and resolved he problem. verizon support didn't have a clue

0 Likes
leberk1

The HP FAXBACK service is great if your FAX is working okay. It does not help when you are trying to diagnose problems sending or receiving FAXes over Verizon FIOS service. I recently experienced the same problem as other FIOS users, the FAX stopped working. I naturally assumed the HP-8600 all in one had gone bad. Nevertheless, subtitution of a new HP-8620 gave the same problem.  Verizon was no help . Their response was the company does support connected devices.

After hours of diagnosing the Printer setup I found two apperent fixes that worked;

Solutions:

1. Disconnected the Cordless phone and left only the printer connected to the Line Wall Jack.

2. Leave the phone connected but add a DSL filter between the Printer and the Line Jack.

Diagnosis:

Based on the #1 solution, The analogue FAX device is not compatible with the Verizon FIOS Digital Voice service,  so use of a FAX-only line is what Verizon is striving for.

Based on the #2 solution, the DSL Filter eliminates some inherent interference that prevents the FAX operation with Verizon FIOS.

Please let me hear regarding any problem with these solutions, or advise other possible solutions that users have found effective.

Leberk.

0 Likes
leberk1

As info, Verizon told me that the Call Features cannot be changed on-line using your computer.

You must make any call features changes using your TV remote

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty much false info for FIOS service.

No DSL filters needed for normal FAX.  Different if you are in a Apartment etc, that uses DSL to deliver it to individual units.

FIOS works fine with Analog Fax signals.

You may have to make sure to turn off call waiting as it will disrupt FAX operation.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes