Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

HELP! I need my copper wire back!

HELP! I need my copper wire back!

FIOSCust
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(5,242 Views)

WARNING!!!  Verizon  "upgraded" my standard copper wire phone service with a fiber optic line (FIOS) also.  I use to never lose phone service.  Since I "upgraded" to FIOS phone, I have lost service several times.  A couple times when my battery ran out and recently when lightning caused a problem with the battery (this got my internet also).  When I have requested adamantly that I be changed back to copper wire, they WON'T do it.  But a technician told me that in order to switch back to copper, Verizon only needs  to switch something in their computer system and then a technician would have to make a simple change outside the house to switch back.  But he also said "good luck in trying to have them do it".  So now I am stuck.  Do I need to change phone providers in order to get my reliable copper wire back?! 

1 REPLY
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Device: Actiontec Rev I
Plan: FDV\75 down 75 up
Message 2 of 2
(5,213 Views)
Switching back is very difficult once you're a fios customer. I've only heard of 2 customers that have been successful over the last 3 1/2 years. Both did a lot of complaining and made contact with upper managers at Verizon. Good luck and be persistent.
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios