Re: HOME PHONE PROBLEMS-NO DIAL TONE/STATIC
Kay3914

I lost my phone service on Tuesday, Dec. 21. I have no cell phone so I went on line and got an appointment for Dec. 27, six days later! However, the next day a service person showed up and determined it was Verizon's problem. He couldn't find the outside box. Since a repairman had been there I expected it to be fixed but it wasn't. Now, because of the blizzard, I have no idea if a repair person is coming today as scheduled. I posted a complaint on this forum earlier but my post was removed and a rep. sent me a message that someone would contact me. No one has. This is inexcusable. I am a senior citizen with health problems, and it is scary to know that if I fell, or got sick, I couldn't call 911. I am filing a complaint with the BPU and also writing to ConsumerAffairs.com.

0 Likes
UpsetCustomer1

Thank you for reply.  I intend to pursue some recourse.  Am on the line again with Verizon.  The agent I spoke to yesterday assured me everything would be ok this a.m. but if not to personally contact him.  When I said "how is that possible" (since I get a different person everytime), he insisted he was going to give me  info to make it possible.  Long story short - there was NO service this am so I called the fellow (FOLA was his name), following the instructions he gave me and SURPRISE, SURPRISE -- I couldn't get him - no one at that number heard of him and they said it wasn't possible to get the same agentperiod because the calls are fielded all over the country.  Of course, it took me multiple calls this a.m. (on a cell phone) just to get this information.  In the process I was disconnected 3x and transferred into oblivion 5x.  At present, am on hold with a Michelle who is in touch with a tech guy named Troy.  Have been "on hold" for an hour but at least there is a live person on the other end -- at least for now.  Ooops, she just came back on.  The news ("same old" "same old").  The tech people who were supposed to be working on the problem didn't do it (just passed the buck) but now I have a tech guy that will do it but it has to be done manually (?????) and he will call me back one way or the other, etc., etc., etc.  At this juncture, and at your recommendation, I am contacting the New Jersey  equivalent of the Public Utilities Commission.

Thanks for letting me vent.

0 Likes
Weirdette

Yes it looks like we are all having the same problem with our phones, and you can't get anyone to help you at verizon. But they sure want their money for your bill. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT BAD SERVICE FROM THEM, I REALLY DON'T THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING. If I knew where to get other phone company I would dump verizon in a heart beat. VERIZON SUCKS!!!!

0 Likes
tery221
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem this morning with no dial tone, phone in use message on my phone. In home agent said no phone was connected. An old  landline phone that works...didn't. The ont checked out. Tech said it had to be my wiring.  Don't know why I thought of it but I replaced the filter between the outlet and the phone with a spare one and it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
Chrissie4

Terrible static on the line.  Also, periodically disconnects me in the middle of a call.  Please help!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would be indicative of a short or a very bad contact somewhere on the line if the same issue occurs at your NID. Give Voice Repair a call using a known working phone (cell phone/neighbor's phone) during a time your line is acting up. The agent on the other end should be able to perform an MLT test which will pick up the problem. The key here is to let the MLT find the problem, not to play the guessing game on where the problem is, so if it's a time of day thing, time you call.

0 Likes
catchia

{edited for privacy} can not receive calls

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello catchia

You need to contact verizon to get service for technical issues.

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tery - what kind of "filter" between the outlet and the phone are you talking about?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

He could be talking about a FiOS install that uses VDSL/VDSL2 instead of Coaxial or CAT5/CAT6 cabling for Internet. I don't know how Verizon connects it's FiOS service in apartments, but it's possible (but seems unlikely) that replacing a DSL filter would fix the problem just like that.

0 Likes