Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
Aside from the usual telemarketing assault, I quickly discoved that I had inherited the phone number of someone who'd gone into collections. We received multiple calls a day asking for Angela. No amount of "Angela no longer has this phone number," stopped the calls.
I called Vz to see what they could do. Short of changing my telephone number, they recommended I sign up for a free service called nomorobo. I did, and it completely restored peace to my house. Now I hear a single ring, and if it's a robocaller, the call is automatically disconnected.
**If Verizon admins removes the link, go to nomorobo [dot] com [forward slash] signup.
On the landing page, scroll past all their customer logos.
In the drop-down selector labeled as Step 1, scroll down to Verizon FiOS Digital Voice.
Enter your email address and click Next.
Open your email and click the link to "Set up Nomorobo."
Create an account ....
That's as far as I can take the instructions, as I already have an account. I believe the final step is to enter your phone number and accept the terms and conditions. Totally worth it for a free service that works. And if my telecom carrier recommends it (and Verizon fervently protects customer privacy) then I feel really good about using it.