Have Had It with Verizon Customer Service
sinha

I have Verizon world usage plan for making international phone calls. I just copleted a 2yr contract with Verizon and signed up for another 2 yr contract.

The issue is that my world plan usage has a cycle ending date - which used to be 2nd of the month. Now this end date is showing up 12/31/1899 (more than 100 years ago!) - I called Verizon to indicate this issue - 7 days ago via the chat session - and they were unable to help me. Now 7 days later I get on the phone and for the last two hours Verzion Customer service has been shuttling me back and forth between various departments Billing - Fios Solution center - E center Tech support Billing again - Web center - etc and no one is doing anyhting about my end date problem.

This is highly inefficient - for the last two hours I have verified my billing address, fgiven my account number, customer id and pin more than 7 times and re-iterated my problem 7 times so that someone at Verizon can help me.

So far no luck.

Is there some way I can open up a ticket for service from Verizon website online - explain my problem/issue and someone from Verizon looks at my issue - finds a solution and gets back to me - without me having to invest more than 2 hours of my time on many different days to chase the solution. The problem resolution is not my headache - Verizon needs to SHAPE UP its Act and do something of this Harrowing Experience.

I am sure other Verizon customers are experiencing this kind of "UGLY" CUSTOMER SERVICE.

PLEASE CHIME IN - LET VERIZON KNOW HOW BAD THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REALLY IS.

Thanks for your time.

A disgruntled Verizon customer

0 Likes
Re: Have Had It with Verizon Customer Service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sinha,

We haven't yet heard from you on your Private Support case.

We hope you were able to reach a resolution for your inquiry. If not, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to continue looking into this for you.

We're available around the clock for support.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
Re: Have Had It with Verizon Customer Service Idiocy regarding payment dates
brensgrrl1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new Verizon packages in bundles have wonky payment dates and Verizon can charge to extra bigtime or even terminate your service if you are late.  It used to be that Verizon worked with pensioners like me to arrange payment dates that coincided with the date that the pension payments come it so that you are not late with a payment, but no more.  This new system allows them to collect extra money, ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE LEAST LIKELY TO BE ABLE TO PAY.  When I questioned this, I was literally told to take it or leave it. 

I am old enough to remember when the Bell System ran everything, and AT&T labs (a division of Bell Telephone at that time) provided all of the equipment.  If there were any problems at all, and you called the "phone company" to complain, you were actually told to "take it or leave it," and some snooty Bell employee would taunt you by saying "where else you gonna go?  We're the phone company."  Since Bell was the only company, they told customers to go to H E -Double Hockey Sticks on a daily basis, rudeness was legendary, and they got away with it. 

Then came the federal BREAKUP of the Bell System, and consumers got some relief for a little while.

Since Verizon is the granddaughter of the Bell System, I guess that the apple really hasn't fallen far from the tree.  Verizon has learned from her old granny to tell the customers to go to blazes, and Verizon is getting away with it just like Ma Bell did.  

0 Likes
fretfile
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have had my complaints about burying the cable line which runs from the ground across the sidewalk and over my lawn. I have contacted customer service several times and have been promised that a supervisor would call me but I have heard not nothing. It is a liability issue and a community eyesore

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fretfile,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

VZpain
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have my total sympathy.   The grief and aggravation that Verizon has caused me could fill a small book.   Not enough room in this forum to detail it all.  Suffice to say that out of the dozens and dozens of interactions with Verizon customer service and (so called) technical support over the years, only one was positive and pleasant.

0 Likes
RemoveCallWait

I've called three times requesting that call waiting be removed, but to no avail.  I even got confirmation numbers for some of those calls and printed out a transcript of an online chat.  Why can't this be done?  It should be a simple transaction, but has taken hours with no success.  This is not what I would call "world class customer service."

0 Likes
fretfile
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Lawrence, I don't see any private message folder

0 Likes
fretfile
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me amend that...I found private message on my private email, but there was no message.