quick menu

Have I been slammed?

Have I been slammed?

Copper Contributor need_fios_info
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(128 Views)

Someone on this forum (just before thread was locked) made me aware that Verizon should not be allowed to "slam" me.

https://www.fcc.gov/general/slamming-policy

"Slamming is the unlawful practice of changing a subscriber's selection of a provider of telephone service without that subscriber's knowledge or permission."

I was forced to upgrade my POTS+DSL to fiber recently, with the threat of losing all service. I have had AT&T international long distance for 30+ years.  After about a month I discovered that Verizon had hijacked all long distance, including international,  leaving me with a huge bill because I now have no international calling plan with anyone (not even Verizon).

I called AT&T and they confirmed that they were no longer receiving my long distance calls.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(104 Views)

I was the poster who gave you the link.

at the FCC there is a complaint form, it has a drop down feature to select verizon and then other drop down selections of what your concern or complaint is. Use it.

if you cannot access your long distance service (AT&T) you have been cut off from you have been slammed. Contact the FCC who works very quickly in these matters.

you can also contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search who can also take care of your issue.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios