Help!! Harrassing phone caller.
BBman123

I've been getting calls from this guy after midnight for the past 3 months. Sometimes he'll say something in chinese but most times he is just silent. Tried ignoring but calls are getting more frequent. Tried using *69 and *57 but the call is out of the serving area. Is there anything I can do besides changing my number? Please HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Help!! Harrassing phone caller.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I think you will find the information you need in this thread, which explains how to go into your account and block a specific number.

0 Likes
BBman123

Can't get the number. *69 message says caller is out of service area. *57 does not work either so call cannot be traced. What can I do?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

In that thread, it also says you can block a person from sending/calling your number, but it is a subscription service. Have you tried calling Verizon customer service and asking if this is possible when you don't have the  number?

0 Likes
BBman123

Yes, I spoke with a customer service rep and the only solution she gave me was to change my number. That would be a really big hassle. I find it hard to believe that there is no other way around the problem. I thought phone companies could trace any call but according to her if it's out of thier service area then there's nothing they can do with it.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If it is midnight, and you don't want to accept the call, you might try an answering machine, so you don' t have to pick it up, or "call display", so you don't pick up any call that does not have a return number.

0 Likes
thetick

I had some idiot calling at night with just heavy breathing.  It really scared my wife.  There was a very easy solution.  I grabbed one of those really loud football horns and put by the phone.  And no kidding I picked up the ringing phone around midmight waiting for the first heavy breath then blasted the horn right up agianst the phone.  

The idiot never called again.  Not sure if I did damage to his ear, but I really don't care and it ended the calls.

0 Likes