Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Help! I transferred my number to MagicJack and I want it back!

Noella
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I transferred my number to MagicJack and I want it back!

Message 1 of 5
(5,028 Views)

OMG!  I have had nothing but problems.  Everything I have is new - even my cordless landline phone and all wires.  I am so frustrated I just want to go back to Verizon!  I live way out in the sticks so I only have  this one landline and no cell phone as they don't work where I live.  I have to walk out to the road to use one.  Anyway, My Trac phone is not activated. 

So, Apparently I still have an account with Verizon and they are going to charge me for the next month BUT...I have no dial tone when I plug back into my jack and the site told me they couldn't bring up 'test info' on my account to see where the problem lies.  I think it's because I've transferred my number. 

How do I get my number transferred back to Verizon? Can I do it on the internet?  Otherwise I will have to spend time on someone else's phone calling Verizon to ask what do I do now?

Anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it!

Thanks,

Noella

4 REPLIES 4
KenWVT
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Help! I transferred my number to MagicJack and I want it back!

Message 2 of 5
(5,024 Views)

You should be able to do a online chat with a Verizon rep and they should be able to help you. This forum is just for customers and your message may not be seen by Verizon.

acraftylady
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(5,019 Views)

Some people have told me they love magic jack and some people hate it.  I would not drop my main phone line for it though as the computer has to be on all the time to make and receive calls I believe but it's good for a second phone line.  You could have just gotten a new number from magic jack and not ported your main home number I believe as that's what friends have done and use it for a second line for business.  Hope you get it sorted.  Mary

hpanciera
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(4,913 Views)

Hello;  I have magic jack and it worked fine until I change to verizon FIOS.  Now I can hear the other caller but they can't hear me.  Was on tech support for 3 hours with Magic Jack and they can't seem to find the problem.  Anyone else have this issue?

acraftylady
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(4,906 Views)
There is now magic jack plus that does not require the computer to be on. Mary
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.