Switch Account

Home Voice Mail Not Working As Usual

Home Voice Mail Not Working As Usual

Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(8,383 Views)

We have had Verizon Home Voice Mail for quite a while.  There is a way to access your voice mail from home and another way to access it when away from home.  We have used both ways many times with no problem.  All of a sudden last week (October 27ish) we would pick up the phone and there would be a stutter tone to indicate there was a message.  I would dial the regular access number and it would tell me to press # and the dial mailbox # and then enter password. These prior instructions are what one is instructed to do when accessing VM from a phone away from home.  After going through all this, it told me I had no messages.  I do not understand what is going on with this voicemail. 

I tried calling my home phone # from my cell to see if  the VM was even picking up outside calls while we were out.  The phone would ring and ring and then a message would come on saying "you have reached the verion voice messaging service, to enter your mailbox press #, otherwise redial the # your were calling"  What good does this do an outside caller?

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here....we signed up for this voicemail so callers could leave us a message when were out....obviously that is not able to be done now.  Very tempted to just use the answering service on the new phones we just bought and save $5.06 per month.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(7,880 Views)
The same thing is happening to me. Plus, I can't even access my voicemail to change the message because when I dial the access number, it asks for my "mailbox" number. When I put in my home phone number, it says it's not a valid mailbox number. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(7,345 Views)
SO WHAT IS THE ANSWER ??  Same thing happening to me !
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.