Home Voice Mail Not Working As Usual
VMFrustated
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had Verizon Home Voice Mail for quite a while.  There is a way to access your voice mail from home and another way to access it when away from home.  We have used both ways many times with no problem.  All of a sudden last week (October 27ish) we would pick up the phone and there would be a stutter tone to indicate there was a message.  I would dial the regular access number and it would tell me to press # and the dial mailbox # and then enter password. These prior instructions are what one is instructed to do when accessing VM from a phone away from home.  After going through all this, it told me I had no messages.  I do not understand what is going on with this voicemail. 

I tried calling my home phone # from my cell to see if  the VM was even picking up outside calls while we were out.  The phone would ring and ring and then a message would come on saying "you have reached the verion voice messaging service, to enter your mailbox press #, otherwise redial the # your were calling"  What good does this do an outside caller?

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here....we signed up for this voicemail so callers could leave us a message when were out....obviously that is not able to be done now.  Very tempted to just use the answering service on the new phones we just bought and save $5.06 per month.

Re: Home Voice Mail Not Working As Usual
Riverroad
The same thing is happening to me. Plus, I can't even access my voicemail to change the message because when I dial the access number, it asks for my "mailbox" number. When I put in my home phone number, it says it's not a valid mailbox number. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
0 Likes
Re: Home Voice Mail Not Working As Usual
RITABEETS
SO WHAT IS THE ANSWER ??  Same thing happening to me !
0 Likes