Home lan telephone
Arniejj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing static on incoming calls; then the call drops and is never received. I tested this using my cell phone to my lan phone (from inside the house) and I received the same result. If I redial, sometimes I get the static again, and sometimes it goes through. I contacted the FIOS Technical number and they said if it is an inside problem; and someone needs to come to the house, there may be a charge.

I did go to the outside box and called using my cell # (a number of times) and didn't get any static and was able to leave a voice message.

Nothing has been modified inside the house and as recent as the beginning of this week; and before, I received calls/messages with no issues.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Home lan telephone
Barking_Pumpkin1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use to get alot of static on my land line telephone when I had dsl and the router/modem was wireless.  I had also read about issues with telephones and wireless routers via the internet.  One of the solutions i read was to get a digital (DECT 6.0) land line telephone.  I did get DECT 6.0 telephones around the same time I signed up and subscribed to Verizon FiOS internet and TV.  My FiOS modem/router was wireless too.  I don't have any problems with static on the lines anymore.  Not sure if the DECT 6.0 telephone solved the problem or getting FiOS solved the problem.                                                  
0 Likes
Re: Home lan telephone
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It sounds like you have a short circuit inside the house. You can unplug your phones and take a flashlight and look inside your jacks to make sure the gold pins are clean. If you see a blue green or black buildup you have found your trouble. If the problem persists then it could be the actual wiring or the phones itself.
0 Likes