Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Home phone absolutely useless, FIOS, FIX THIS!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Home phone absolutely useless, FIOS, FIX THIS!

Message 1 of 7
(1,090 Views)

I get between 2-5 robo calls per day. I work from home so this is absolutely infuriating. I've disconnected all home phones and have no plans to reconnect them. I'm now paying for a service, and paying tax on a service which I do not use, and cannot even see myself using. 

What feels infuriating, however, is that there seems to be almost nothing being done to curb these calls.  Where is shaken/stirr where is call authentication and verification that was promised? 

I have my service set to send voice mails to my inbox, and it's the same stinking message each time "you can save on your electric bill"...  

FIOS, PLEASE ---- WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS?

When will Shaken/stirr be implemented? 

When can I reconnect my home phone again?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Home phone absolutely useless, FIOS, FIX THIS!

Message 2 of 7
(1,047 Views)

We have the same issue.   Many calls per day from fake electric companies

We shut off ringer and turned off voice mail

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 7
(949 Views)

If you have FiOS Digital Voice, sign up for NoMoRobo (it is free).

You still hear one ring, but certainly makes it easier to ignore them.
Wait for the second ring.

If it doesn't happen, robocall.

I have had it for probably 2 years and love it.
Shaken/Stir will require a number of providers to implement before it is useful.

The one who origianlly takes the call has to tag it.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 7
(943 Views)

Nomorobo does work when legit telephone numbers are spoofed.

I am getting calls that appear to be from my neighbors, town offices, and legit business  

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(851 Views)

Nomorobo Is Useless. I signed up with that year's ago.  Still active. But it does nothing to stop today's spam calls. Checked numerous Times,  set up correctly.  No help at all...

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 7
(814 Views)

It doesn't do as well with local spoofed calls. They are not used often or wide enough to be caught by their algorithms.

But I would say it blocks at least half to 2/3s of the spam calls I get.

Maybe try contacting them to verify.

Have you tested your phone from their website to make sure everything is working properly?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Nomorobo is the best! Makes Verizon useable, modems not included.

Message 7 of 7
(604 Views)

Nomorobo is the best! I got it on day 1. It took 14 spam calls a day down to 3 a week max. I thank the universe for this godsend every time I hear the single ring & remain in the shower. It took a few weeks of training by reporting all the numbers that got through, but now there is peace. If only it was free for my cell it would probably compliment YouMail's disconnected # tone played to spammers, which is my solution on the mobile. The DNC list is a scam to connect your numbers, FTC/FCC dont care. Nomorobo is the working model of that dream, automated, with added crowd sourced intelligence. Although it would be nice if the robot users weren't financing the Telcoms.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.