Switch Account

Home phone to cell phone

Home phone to cell phone

Highlighted
Contributor SGDirka
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(10,776 Views)

Hi there, I have a verizon homephone and my girlfriend has a verizon cellphone. I started to wonder if out 2 hours phone conversations that seem to occur readily are eating through her minutes at quite a fast rate, I know it's unlimited between verizon wireless customers, but what about verizon landline to cellphone?

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(10,701 Views)

unless your landline is part of a friends and family plan, or if you have an unlimited calling plan, I would assume it is using your current wireless plan's minutes... contact verizon wireless to confirm/change plans

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Contributor SGDirka
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(10,690 Views)

I don't have a wireless account. I have a landline, that's not what I am concerned about, I am worried about whether or not I am eating up HER minutes, she has a verizon wireless phone. I have a landline.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 5
(10,681 Views)

yes you are using her minutes using your home phone to talk to her cell phone.  She can call into verizon and see if she can add your phone number so that you are not using her minutes when you talk.

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 5 of 5
(10,658 Views)

@SGDirka wrote:

I don't have a wireless account. I have a landline, that's not what I am concerned about, I am worried about whether or not I am eating up HER minutes, she has a verizon wireless phone. I have a landline.

same concept.. same advice.... just replace you(r) with her(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.