How can I block phone calls from a specific number?
stanenba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I've been receiving two or three phone calls a day (some at 3 in the morning!) from what seems to be a recording of a man talking. I'd love to simply block the number from being to call us. Is there any way to do that?

Please note, I've tried calling the number but it goes to a recording there, too.

0 Likes
Re: How can I block phone calls from a specific number?
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey stanenba, turn on the receiver and listen for dial tone press *60 then follow the instructions for the Call Block options.  The phone number(s) you enter on your Call Block list wil be repeated to you.

0 Likes
stanenba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dialing *60 does not do anything (I just get a busy tone). Any other ideas?

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey stanenba, in some areas you must dial 3 to turn on/off Call block after dailing either *60 or *80.

0 Likes
stanenba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but after I dial either *60 or *80 it just rings busy. I tried dialing 3 as well, but all I hear is a busy signal.

Isn't there someone I can call/click to to block the number?

I keep getting calls every day and it's very frustrating.

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey do you know if you have the Call Block feature on your account because without it you will not be able to block numbers that call you.

0 Likes
NEO19591
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get a busy signal when dialing *60 and/or 3 also.  I checked my Verizon features and call blocking isn't an option that I can find.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

do you know, if what you have is plain jane phone service   they call it copper or POTS,  or do you have FIOS and Fiber Telephone. 

Fios has a digital telephone which has a convenient website for you to log into and you just type the numbers you want to block.   www.verizon.com/fiosvoice

if you have regular plain jane pots or fios (non digital voice) then you would use the call block feature, but you have to have it on your account.

you can find out if it's on your account at www.myverizon.com 

If it's on your account, then follow the instructions outlined here. (put your zipcode if it asks for it)

If it's not working AND you have it on your account then you can call repair at 888-553-1555

IF you don't have it on your account, then you can call into 1-800-VERIZON

Elip0526

I was told by a Verizon customer service. that in order for me to block unwanted calls. I had to log in and do it myself thru this site. However, I can't find where to go. and I am getting calls every 5-10 mins and as early as 6am.. it seems from weird #s not 10 digits #s but 5 or 12 digits #s who are trying to fax to my home.

can you tell me where to go or what to do.

thank you

0 Likes
NEO19591
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with you.  I can't do any of this either.  I've been trying for an hour on Verizon's website and I don't see how to block a call.  Nothing's working.

0 Likes