Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

How can I block phone calls from a specific number?

olblue
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How can I block phone calls from a specific number?

Message 51 of 59
(6,581 Views)

Mickey D bless you for a real answer.  Online Verizon support could only offer to sell me an unlisted number.  Verizons support pages must have been designed by the guys who designed Obamacare.

This link works!!  https://www36.verizon.com/FiOSVoice/members/CallFeatures.aspx

Henry

happycracker
Contributor
Contributor

Message 52 of 59
(5,216 Views)

i need help asap.

i need to block a few local numbers to my home phone. 

i press *60 and it tells me this service is unavailable.

let me say again ... I NEEED HELP ASAP.

please help me {edited for privacy}

thanks in advance.

Knitwit
Contributor
Contributor

Message 53 of 59
(5,178 Views)

We have phony IRS calls coming in more than once a day.  It's annoying and against the law!  We need to block this number as soon as possible.

{edited for privacy}

@Suzanne7777 wrote:

I have digital Verizon phone service.  I can go online to block calls, and I did set it up online.  I set up a specific numbern(305-000-0000), as they are calling 5 times a day (political robo calls and I'm in a swing state) and then I got a call from that same number--no blocking.  I also set up "block all anonymous calls", but that number came through. 

When I tried *60, the recording says that I do not have that service.  Why do I have the service online but not on the phone line?  And why isn't this working?

VejOut
Contributor
Contributor

Message 54 of 59
(4,895 Views)

I found there is an option to do it using the "MY FiOS" app on my phone.

In the CALLS section you can tap on it to go to all theunbers that have called you.

Then tap on the number that you want to block (or unblock) and there is a button for BLOCK CALLER.

Now to see if it really works!

butterflyfish
Contributor
Contributor

Message 55 of 59
(4,557 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Multiple calls per day from the same 800 number. Except these are coming in as faxes, so they're using up my printer ink. I've already reported the 800 number to the FCC, as junk faxing is illegal. But in case that doesn't help, I need these calls blocked somehow.

I don't have FIOS, and I can't upgrade to it. It's not available in my area. I have Freedom Essentials land line with the highest speed DSL plan. I can't find any way to add any sort of blocking to my phone package. Verizon needs to get this sorted. This thread alone has been going on for years.

the_madscanner
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 56 of 59
(4,518 Views)
sweetie40
Contributor
Contributor

Message 57 of 59
(4,461 Views)

I've tried the *60 directions and I keep getting a recording that this is not a a good phone number. I tried the 1160 suggestion also and got the same recording.

the_madscanner
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 58 of 59
(4,439 Views)

sweetie40, hi, do you have "digital voice"? did you try the link in my previous post in this thread? it is the post right before yours.clicking the link should take you to your digital voice mgmt. page.,(you may be asked to sign in again, too).

then in left column click on  "calling features".....then in frame to right go down to "incoming call block".....follow onscreen instructions

ornahp
Moderator Moderator

Message 59 of 59
(1,273 Views)

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.