How do I block all calls made to landline except 2 numbers
Smitty371

We had verizon home phone before and could block all incoming calls except mine and my wifes cell phone numbers since our kids where home alone. You could add a total of 10 numbers that would ring through and the rest would be blocked. We got rid of verizon when we moved in with my in laws for a year. Now we have it again and I can not find were to do it again. It was the old user friendly verizon page not the new one. Does anyone know if this can still be done still and if so how?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I block all calls made to landline except 2 numbers
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Taking a closer look at the VDV Guide, I read the description of the Do Not Disturb feature.

It says in part, if calls are sent to the prerecorded message when DND is turned on, up to 10 telephone numbers can be chosen to ring through.

With traditional telephone service, DND was offered in legacy Bell Atlantic territories. The service allowed up to 15 telephone numbers to ring through.

DND was not available in the New England Telephone service area so, the feature is new to those customers who sign up for VDV.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you originally had traditional Verizon telephone service (either POTS or a part of FiOS) that might have been a feature offered at that time in your area. Here in the former New England Telephone service area, I do not remember that feature being offered.

If you now subscribe to Verizon Digital Voice, the Feature Guide is posted online. The only native call blocking capability that I can see with VDV involves callers who add the *67 prefix to hide their telephone number from Caller ID.

fastKitty

I can't guarantee that it will work since many advertised features don't, but I thought I remember seeing something like "quiet time" where you can exempt a few numbers that you deem important that will ring your line and everything else will go to voice mail.    It's not blocking but might prevent the ringing.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Taking a closer look at the VDV Guide, I read the description of the Do Not Disturb feature.

It says in part, if calls are sent to the prerecorded message when DND is turned on, up to 10 telephone numbers can be chosen to ring through.

With traditional telephone service, DND was offered in legacy Bell Atlantic territories. The service allowed up to 15 telephone numbers to ring through.

DND was not available in the New England Telephone service area so, the feature is new to those customers who sign up for VDV.