Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

How do I disconnect battery backup for landline?

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

How do I disconnect battery backup for landline?

Message 1 of 2
(820 Views)

I have that annoying battery beeping telling me to replace the battery for landline backup and occasional annoying messages on my TV screen. I cleared the beep previously by holding the buttons to reboot it, but now that method is exhausted. I refuse to replace the battery. I have a problem paying for a battery on useless equipment that is owned by Verizon and then I'm expected to service the replacement.  I say useless because if the power goes off, my phones are plugged into AC and will be rendered inoperable. I have a modern convenience for emergencies anyway called a cell phone. So enough explaining. How do I disconnect without interrupting landline service?

1 REPLY 1
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: How do I disconnect battery backup for landline?

Message 2 of 2
(812 Views)

You simply disconnect the battery.  Now, there are lots of BBU out there

so you might just take the subject line , plug in "fios" and BING it (or the other guy)

I got lots of video's, explanations, etc., so you will have to seewhat is applicable to you

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.