How do I move a Comcast phone number to my existing Fios account?
chartle100

My wife tried calling Verizon to add my Mother in Laws Comcast number to our existing service. She had moved out of her apartment building that only had Comcast. We have not cancelled her account with Comcast.

My wife was on the phone for a long time as I was driving but in the end it sounded like Verizon was going to send someone out to the apartment building to move or install the number onto her copper lines at the building she no longer lives at. The tech was supposed to be there last Monday but first I doubt they could do anything and as far as I can see its a complete waste of time and may even screw up anyone that may have moved in. 

All we want to do is have Verizon port the number and add it to our phone. It just has to ring on our one line as a second number nothing else. If this can't be resolved soon we are just going to cancel the Comcast account and let the number she has had for 40 years disappear. 

thanks  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I move a Comcast phone number to my existing Fios account?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if you can get different ring on a residential account.

The ONT has the capability to have a second POTS line.

Maybe start with that. Worst case is that you then forward line to your home phone.

But it wouldn't have a distinct ring.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if you can get different ring on a residential account.

The ONT has the capability to have a second POTS line.

Maybe start with that. Worst case is that you then forward line to your home phone.

But it wouldn't have a distinct ring.

0 Likes
chartle100

I dont really care if it rings differently just that it's on our account. 

Who do we talk to to do this. 

0 Likes