Switch Account

How do I order a fax line?

How do I order a fax line?

SOLVED
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 1 of 3
(3,190 Views)

We just bought a new printer/copier/scanner/fax machine and would love to use all the features on it.  We don't have a fax line yet and I can't see where to order it online.  Can someone please advise?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 2 of 3
(3,186 Views)

@MichaelaJackson wrote:

We just bought a new printer/copier/scanner/fax machine and would love to use all the features on it.  We don't have a fax line yet and I can't see where to order it online.  Can someone please advise? ...

You don't need a  dedicated "fax" line to use an "all-in-one" device with FiOS Digital Voice.  Any line will perform successfully with any recent model "all-in-one" device, so long as the settings for both Fax Receive and Voicemail are set according to the device requirements [which means setting the voicemail settings on MyVerizon (www.verizon.com/fiosvoice), and the fax settings in the device setup pages].

In my layout, I have two separate FiOS Digital Voice lines, both of which function with all the bells and whistles, including Voicemail.  The second DV line is also used to  send and receive fax with an HP 8500 "All-In-One" printer and works as designed.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 3 of 3
(3,100 Views)

Thanks.  I just tried the fax line, so we'll see if it worked or not.  I received a confirmation on my printer screen saying that the fax sent, so hopefully it did.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.