How do I order a fax line?
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

We just bought a new printer/copier/scanner/fax machine and would love to use all the features on it.  We don't have a fax line yet and I can't see where to order it online.  Can someone please advise?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I order a fax line? - Separate Line Not Needed
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@MichaelaJackson wrote:

We just bought a new printer/copier/scanner/fax machine and would love to use all the features on it.  We don't have a fax line yet and I can't see where to order it online.  Can someone please advise? ...

You don't need a  dedicated "fax" line to use an "all-in-one" device with FiOS Digital Voice.  Any line will perform successfully with any recent model "all-in-one" device, so long as the settings for both Fax Receive and Voicemail are set according to the device requirements [which means setting the voicemail settings on MyVerizon (www.verizon.com/fiosvoice), and the fax settings in the device setup pages].

In my layout, I have two separate FiOS Digital Voice lines, both of which function with all the bells and whistles, including Voicemail.  The second DV line is also used to  send and receive fax with an HP 8500 "All-In-One" printer and works as designed.

View solution in original post

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@MichaelaJackson wrote:

We just bought a new printer/copier/scanner/fax machine and would love to use all the features on it.  We don't have a fax line yet and I can't see where to order it online.  Can someone please advise? ...

You don't need a  dedicated "fax" line to use an "all-in-one" device with FiOS Digital Voice.  Any line will perform successfully with any recent model "all-in-one" device, so long as the settings for both Fax Receive and Voicemail are set according to the device requirements [which means setting the voicemail settings on MyVerizon (www.verizon.com/fiosvoice), and the fax settings in the device setup pages].

In my layout, I have two separate FiOS Digital Voice lines, both of which function with all the bells and whistles, including Voicemail.  The second DV line is also used to  send and receive fax with an HP 8500 "All-In-One" printer and works as designed.

kelly1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks.  I just tried the fax line, so we'll see if it worked or not.  I received a confirmation on my printer screen saying that the fax sent, so hopefully it did.

0 Likes