How do I port Vonage # to Digital Voice (existing Fios customer)
unclegym

We have Fios Internet and TV residentail service and are considering adding Digital Voice.  We want to keep our existing # which is currently with Vonage.  If I go online to my account to add the Digital Voice service there is only an option to select a new # .  How can I bring my Vonage # with me?

0 Likes
Re: How do I port Vonage # to Digital Voice (existing Fios customer)
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@unclegym wrote:

We ... are considering adding Digital Voice.  We want to keep our existing #  ... How can I bring my Vonage # with me?

I can only speak from my own experience, but I was not able to accomplish this online.  It required telephone contact with Verizon sales to specify that the existing number must be ported.  It is then the responsibility of Verizon to accomplish this, although the customer must supply identifying information, a code, or password to allow Verizon access to the account.  Actually, it should not be difficult and you should have no problems.

0 Likes
Re: How do I port Vonage # to Digital Voice (existing Fios customer)
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I was able port my number from Vonage to VZ Digital Voice successfully 6 months ago.  I did call VZ directly about doing this and it was very seamless.  You should call VZ directly to make this change.

Jim

0 Likes