How do I send anonymous and invalid caller ID format calls to voicemail instead of rejecting them?
luny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have Fios Digital Voice service for my landline.  For about a month now I've been using NoMoRobo with it, been very pleased (immediate 65% reduction in nuisance calls, yippie,) but now that I've had a taste of how not-terrible it can be to hear the phone ring again ... I want more!  Smiley Very Happy

I want to cut down on the nuisance from my incoming calls with either "Private" caller ID blocked or invalid caller ID info, like only seven digits instead of 10 and the ones that start with a letter, like V1234567890 instead of (123) 456-7890 (an utterly fake, made up example number in case it's not obvious.)  Some county government agencies sometimes send out robocalls about important local events with their caller ID blocked.  I don't answer those calls, but I do listen to the messages they leave.  So I do not want to reject calls from anonymous callers outright.  Is there a way to send them automatically to voicemail instead of ringing my house line?  I've looked around online at my Verizon Fios account's settings options, but I don't see any way to do that.  I do not want to set my line to DND, as family members with an emergency might need to call any time, and I might need the phone ringing to wake me up instead of checking my voicemail later.

Also, how do I filter out calls with incorrectly formatted caller ID info, like just a seven digit phone number without area code or a string that starts with a letter in the caller ID number field?  I'd prefer an option to send them straight to voicemail, but I'm willing to just outright reject those if necessary.  They're obviously spoofed, so they're obviously from someone I don't want to talk to.  But I see no way to handle invalid caller ID info at all.

Thanks in advance for reading and any help you can offer!

Cheers

0 Likes