How do you change the number of rings before FIOS goes to voice mail?
rhc86

Currently my FIOS residential service picks up voicemail after 4 rings, thereby negating my answering machine on my phone. It is then hit or miss for the system telling me if we have a voice mail. I would prefer to use my phone answering machine

How can I change the number of rings on FIOS to 6-8 more rings, in order for my phone answering machine to pick up?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: How do you change the number of rings before FIOS goes to voice mail?
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

@rhc86 wrote:

Currently my FIOS residential service picks up voicemail after 4 rings, thereby negating my answering machine on my phone. It is then hit or miss for the system telling me if we have a voice mail. I would prefer to use my phone answering machine

How can I change the number of rings on FIOS to 6-8 more rings, in order for my phone answering machine to pick up?

Thanks

Call your voicemail access phone number and go to settings. There is an option for that.

0 Likes
Riverroad

I have the same problem. When I call my voicemail, there is no option to change the number of rings before voice mail picks up. I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon today and all I got was the wrong information. I ended up canceling the voice mail and will just use my answering machine.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try this, it used to work

press 58#  (also try *58) and listen for studder dial tone, then enter the number of rings 2-9.

If you have full FDV fios digital voice, then you go to verizon.com/fiosvoice and then you log in there   you can change it if you have fios digital voice. 

otherwise call into tech support to have them change 888-553-1555

0 Likes