How to hook up landline?
KathySalv308

I recently had my tv’s hooked up and the internet with Fios.  At the time , I could not find the base of the landline.  I have now found it. Can you tell me how to hook it up?

0 Likes
Re: How to hook up landline?
jonjones1
Legend

@KathySalv308 wrote:

I recently had my tv’s hooked up and the internet with Fios.  At the time , I could not find the base of the landline.  I have now found it. Can you tell me how to hook it up?

I am a little lost on this post?

you say you have internet & tv? Did you subscribe to home phone?

did you have phone service previously? Was it over copper wiring?

you can call 1-800-VERIZON if you purchased phone service and tell them the installer never hooked it up. They will send a tech back to do it for you.

if there is a phone jack in your home, you need only take the phone wire from the phone (cordless or corded) and plug into that jack and see if it’s operational.

that easy.

0 Likes
Savagejones

@jonjones wrote:

@KathySalv308 wrote:

I am a little lost on this post?

you say you have internet & tv? Did you subscribe to home phone?

did you have phone service previously? Was it over copper wiring?

you can call 1-800-VERIZON if you purchased phone service and tell them the installer never hooked it up. They will send a tech back to do it for you.

if there is a phone jack in your home, you need only take the phone wire from the phone (cordless or corded) and plug into that jack and see if it’s operational.

that easy.

IF the landline line is not  operational 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If it is not operational, call verizon from another phone at work or a friends house, could use a cell phone to call. After they alert the phone company they will send someone out.

the original installer should have done that prior to leaving the premise.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes