I dont want Vz voicemail!
CStenfors
Contributor - Level 1

Can someone here please help me. I'm new to Vz and got a Triple play package with FIOS phone, Internet and TV. Now my phone messages are going off to somewhere on the Internet and I can't figure it out. All I want to do is to get my messages on my answering machine here at home.

What do I need to do?

I've been on the in-home agent, I've been to the help pages and I've made 4 calls to the help line, but every time I get somewhere nad the persona says I'm at the wrong place to do this and I have to call some other number.

I'm going round the bend!

I never believed this, but it seems the older one gets the harder it is to deal with stuff like this.

0 Likes
Re: I dont want Vz voicemail!
jmulloy27

I had the opposite problem. They installed FiOS and I setup the Voicemail but it didn't pickup.

I belive I called the main number 1-800-VERIZON.

I don't remember which menu options I picked but it was pretty straight forward to pick the right ones.

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello CStenfors,

It is possible to have the Verizon Voice Mail  removed off your account, or set the Verizon Voice Mail to pick up after 8 rings, and you can set your own answering machine to pick up with fewer than 8 rings.  This way if your personal answering machine fills up you can use the Verizon one as a back up.

An agent should be able to help you with this at:

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

0 Likes
MarionElisabeth

I have a similar problem.  I cancelled Verizon Home Mail and my answering machine is set up to receive messages.  But now it just keeps ringing and doesn't answer via my answering machine.  HELP!

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2
MarionElisabeth you need to reset your answering machine. As for the original question. You have the Verizon voicemail service on your account. You will need to call Verizon to order it off your account if you want to use just your answering machine. By default Verizon voice mail service will pick up after 20 sec. or about 4 rings. You can add the option to adjust the ring amounts before the Verizon voice mail picks up or just remove it.
Little000
Enthusiast - Level 1

After hours searching the website and calling a rep....... I finally was able to change the amount of rings to 9 rings before verizons voice mail picked up. Now my personal answering machine picks up after only 4 rings. To do this you need to simpy pick up your handset and dial 58# you will get 3 quick dial tone beeps, you then hit the number of rings you want to select which is between 2-9. That's it, so simple. To bad verizons website wasn't that simple.  Hope this helps....good luck!

dmd2157
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the 58# method. I got a recording that said the number is not valid or no longer in service.

0 Likes
dmd2157
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up cancelling the voice mail via online chat. It took 28 minutes.

0 Likes
cindyjo115

I have an answering machine and people leave messages but my machine says I don't have any.  Please help.

0 Likes
ldhoegg

Please disconnect our vz answering machine. We much prefer our old machine that we could push a button and get the message Thank you.

0 Likes