I lose my landline every time it rains. I've been dealing with this for over 2 years.
jakedaniel1

My service is down again since last Saturday and they say it'll be Wednesday before they have a tech out to fix it.  Of course they won't really fix it, they'll just switch me over to another pair, patch it up and I'll be good till the next time it rains.  The last tech that came out showed me the stamp on my pole that says it was set in the ground in 1963 and he said the line is original to the pole.  He said that Verizon would never replace the line or the pole even though all the poles on my street lean 25-30 degrees over the street and a pole down the street broke in half from being rotten just a couple of weeks ago knocking my phone out again.  The city emergency management folks said they'd call Verizon for me but that it wouldn't do any good.  I don't understand why I'm paying for a service that is supposed to be a regulated utility but that Verizon refuses to repair correctly, (straighten the poles up and string a new line).  I filed a PUC and FCC complaint online yesterday.  Wondering what else I can do to get Verizon to do the right thing?  Write to the paper?  Call the TV news?  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: I lose my landline every time it rains. I've been dealing with this for over 2 years.
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2
get another tel. company and port the number to it.
0 Likes