I want voice mail to go to my answering machine not the computer
ilana07110

I want voice mail to go to my answering machine not the computer - how do I do that?  My answering machine is set to pick up after 4 rings, and I set VZ to pick up after 6.  Yet when I tested it, it  rang 6 times, and went to the computer.  Please send response to my AOL email, if you can see it.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: I want voice mail to go to my answering machine not the computer
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello ilana07110,

I sent you a private message for further assistance.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: want voice mail to go to answering machine not computer - just recently had FIOS installed
mar17351

0 Likes
Re: I want voice mail to go to my answering machine not the computer
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello ilana07110,

Based on the information you gave about your home answering machine not answering after 4 rings as you wanted but it rings 6 times and goes to the Verizon voicemail then the problem is fairly easy to resolve.  There are only 2 possibilities which are:

1.) The home answering machine is not set to Auto Answer or On (depending on the model)
 2.) The rings are set to 6 or more on the home machine
Most likely you just need to enabled the home answering machine.  If you are unsure as to its status you can look in the manual for the answering machine or post the brand/model here and we can try to provide you a link to the manufactures web site.  A fair portion brands have a button that just says 'Answer On'
0 Likes