ILD Teleservices cramming
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone noticed charges for ILD Teleservices Inc?  I was just dinged for a 'US Music Find' which is apparently a ringtone download.  Only problem is, I don't have V* wireless, nor do I ever download ringtones.

When I called V* billing, I was surprised that I didn't have to wait very long, maybe 2 minutes before I got a real person (she was english speaking too!).  She did say that she would take care of the credit and put a block on my account for misc charges, and she even talked me into upgrading my old 30/5 to 35/35 bundle with my phone and FIOS TV.  Supposedly, this will save me about $20 per month and give me more TV, but we'll see tomorrow if anything gets botched up in this order...I'm not holding my breath, but this was a nice change in experience with V* billing, at least so far...

0 Likes
Re: ILD Teleservices cramming
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

So a quick update, I now have 35/35 (i've tested it at about 43/35), I have the multi room DVR, and my balance has been adjusted.  V* got my order right!

So now, all hell will break loose, because I have Larry David's curse...Smiley Surprised

0 Likes
h4eva

I have the same issue!  I called Verizon and apparently this ILD Teleservices place has been billing my account for 8 months WITHOUT my knowledge or consent!!!  When I called verizon and I was told I would get a refund, yet every time I try to see the refund status online, I get an error message.  I will call again after my next bill is posted.  I also called ILD and supposedly will get a credit (yeah right-I have read all about this business online).  I am so frustrated and angry.  This place has been scamming people for years, yet nothing has been done about it.  Why aren't they shut down???  The real question is WHY DOES VERIZON EVEN ALLOW IT TO APPEAR ON YOUR STATEMENT???  If this so-called business is not part of Verizon, then this whole scam should not be able to happen.  VERY fishy.... and still at a loss for what to do next...

0 Likes
zhurnaly

I've been billed by ILD TELESERVICES for the past two months for "DIET BUDDY PRO" (or DIETBUDDYPRO) --- $19.99 --- phoned in and the nice Verizon voice took it off my bill last month, promised to block future such billings, but here it is again on the bill that just arrived ... ugh!  I have cancelled my auto-bill-payment so Verizon can't charge my bank account for such things without my permission ... and I'll phone in again to complain tomorrow ...

0 Likes
Crammed

I too find it disturbing that Verizon is so complicit in ILD and others cramming charges on people. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT HERE- [third party link removed]

0 Likes
manuula701

I just got off of a 34 minute phone call with "Risha" in regards to ILD Teleservices billing. She, after speaking with 50 other people 50 different times, just figured out that if you don't pay your bill on time, Verizon will, unbeknownst to you, "slowly strip your services" until you pay your bill on time. So, ILD Teleservices takes over all of their long distance calls. However, all of the charges which appeared on my account were to telephone numbers I have never seen before, and there were SEVERAL of them. "Risha" then told me I MUST be the one making those calls because some of them are like 23 minutes long and that's too long of a call for it to be an error. When I asked if someone might be third-party billing my home phone, she just said she didn't know. When I asked to speak to someone who did know, she said, "well, this is the billing department". DUH. So, basically, I am SOL. Pay your bills on time, people, or Verizon will suck even more money out of you with shady deals with companies like ILD.

0 Likes