Re: Incoming Call Block NOT Working
RiverviewGator

"Anonymous Call Block will not block calls made to you from outside your local calling area"- 

Too bad....as in our case most unwanted calls do, or appear to, originate from outside our local calling area. With this limitation on the call block feature it's pretty much useless. I'm sure there's a solution....if Verizon would spend less of its resources on silly widgets that no one uses and more on making the usefull features work.

0 Likes
Morse3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree with you there!  If I'm not able to block ANY and ALL 'unavailable' or 'unknown' calls from coming in, what is the sense in paying for this service which is part of what my bill entails?  We pay high prices for phone, internet, TV, and cell service and we get less and less features that truly help!  Smiley Frustrated  I think Verizon needs to start putting some of their mega millions in profits into product enhancements that actually help customers fine tune their personal usage, instead of the wasting time on features that only a handful of customers actually use.

tns
Master - Level 2

@RiverviewGator wrote:

"Anonymous Call Block will not block calls made to you from outside your local calling area"- 

Too bad....as in our case most unwanted calls do, or appear to, originate from outside our local calling area. With this limitation on the call block feature it's pretty much useless. I'm sure there's a solution....if Verizon would spend less of its resources on silly widgets that no one uses and more on making the usefull features work.

I am not sure why they say that, as it will block many anonymous calls even if outside your local calling area. But yes way to many still get through.  Essentially the same group that also ignores DO NOT CALL lists.

solarain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned on anonymous call blocking (*77) the other day and I still get calls from:

Name: "Private"

Number: "Private"

I thought that call blocking would block folks who intentionally block their numbers?? Is there something else I can do to stop these unwanted calls?

Thanks!

2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're having the same problem. A number that I have in the call block list is still coming through. I have gotten calls from this number two times tonight. 

Mrata
Enthusiast - Level 3

you can't. Verizon takes the money and provides nothing for the customer. The Verizon way

0 Likes
Mrata
Enthusiast - Level 3

AGREED

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes