Incoming Caller ID not showing on phone
SEBrundage
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have FIOS and recently the Caller ID function on our landline phone stopped working.  I've tried two sets of phones and different phone wires from the jack.  In each case, the Caller ID does not work.  We have not made any other changes to our service.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incoming Caller ID not showing on phone
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Call Verizon tech support. If you are feeling bold disconnect the backup battery and pull the power cord from the electrical outlet. Wait about 30 seconds and plug them both back in. Wait about 5 minutes for the ONT to reboot and try making a call to your house to see if the Caller ID is working.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Call Verizon tech support. If you are feeling bold disconnect the backup battery and pull the power cord from the electrical outlet. Wait about 30 seconds and plug them both back in. Wait about 5 minutes for the ONT to reboot and try making a call to your house to see if the Caller ID is working.

SEBrundage
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unplugging the ONT and backup battery totally worked!  Thanks for the suggestion!

pacmac

where is the back-up battery on the ONT.  How do I access it to reset it.

0 Likes
ListeningStone1

Worked for me as well!!! This was driving me batty!!! THANK YOU!!! 😁

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes