Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Incoming phone calls drop during first ring

smokeybandit
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Incoming phone calls drop during first ring

Message 1 of 1
(1,779 Views)

Twice recently I've had no dialtone.  Both times, the Verizon.com troubleshooting tool said the problem was Verizon's, and had a ticket logged, yet both times, the technician came out and left a note that the problem was on the inside.  Yet mysteriously a couple hours after visit, the line worked again.  Both times I confirmed at the NID that I had no dialtone there, either.

Now, though, everytime the phone rings, it gets cut off during the first ring.  The caller ID shows up as "No Data".

I have DSL, which works fine this whole time, though I have a DSL splitter on the NID, and a separate line run just for DSL.

Any suggestions on things to check inside before I pay to have Verizon come out?

I've only tried one jack (only one phone plugged in in the house), but have tried multiple phones.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.