Incompetence and disrespect -- like nothing I have ever experienced.
Markfromtenafly
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have never experienced such incompetence from a service provider. I recently moved within a half mile in the same town. 3 weeks before the move we set up a phone move with Verizon. 2 days before we confirmed. We waited all day on 11/10, no one showed. After more than 4 hours of hang ups and holds, they agreed to send someone the next day, no one showed again. We repeated the activities and no one showed on 11/14. We have now waited 3 days and hours on the phone and no solution. There is a string of burglaries in our town and we can't set up our alarm system. They promised to show at 830 today. Nope. How can we afford to stay home and wait. We hired some yesterday to sit in the house as we need to work. I am at a total loss, not sure what to do. Supervisors have failed at all levels. I spend more than $400 a month for landline and cell services and this is the respect we get. This is not brain surgery and we are not the first people to move. How can they be so incompetent and disrespectful. I would jump ship, but I want my telephone number that I have had for more than 15 years. They are holding me hostage. If they don't show up today, I may just start calling the CEO and the fcc to level complaints. This should be easy. Between waiting time and phone time, we have wasted more than 35 hours. Such behavior by verizon is absolutely unacceptable. Thoughts and ideas as to how to find a competent person to solve my problem woul be much appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: Incompetence and disrespect -- like nothing I have ever experienced.
TomatoQueen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mark, I'm in Virginia and experienced almost the same thing--eerily similar details--when I moved less than a mile down the street in 2009. It was so aggravating that to this day I hesitate to consider moving again, unless the new local provider is some other company. Unfortunately Verizon seems to own the wires around here, therefore they own the service. I'm also very much tethered to my landline number due to having a medically-fragile family member and established relationships linked to that number with various providers. In addition I pay extra for the caller ID/call-forwarding/voicemail service, which annoys me no end but time and again has proved its worth. Recently in my area we've experienced some natural disasters--earthquake, anyone?--and cell service was OUT for hours, so that's never been a viable option for me.  The only good part of the whole Verizon transfer service experience was that eventually I was able to reconnect with someone at the supervisory level who saw in my billing/service records that a request I'd made in the months prior to the move to upgrade service had not been cleared. This request was blocking the updating the of the rest of the record. I'm not saying that this is the cause of your issue, but my experience with V is that the rep you talk to rarely has the real authority to accomplish anything, and it's the supervisors who seem to get results--but this is only after your call is escalated. I was very close to appearing at the nearest Verizon office in person myself but finally the installer showed up. I really hope there will be a positive outcome for you as soon as possible.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Markfromtenafly wrote:
I have never experienced such incompetence from a service provider. I recently moved within a half mile in the same town. 3 weeks before the move we set up a phone move with Verizon. 2 days before we confirmed. We waited all day on 11/10, no one showed. After more than 4 hours of hang ups and holds, they agreed to send someone the next day, no one showed again. We repeated the activities and no one showed on 11/14. We have now waited 3 days and hours on the phone and no solution. There is a string of burglaries in our town and we can't set up our alarm system. They promised to show at 830 today. Nope. How can we afford to stay home and wait. We hired some yesterday to sit in the house as we need to work. I am at a total loss, not sure what to do. Supervisors have failed at all levels. I spend more than $400 a month for landline and cell services and this is the respect we get. This is not brain surgery and we are not the first people to move. How can they be so incompetent and disrespectful. I would jump ship, but I want my telephone number that I have had for more than 15 years. They are holding me hostage. If they don't show up today, I may just start calling the CEO and the fcc to level complaints. This should be easy. Between waiting time and phone time, we have wasted more than 35 hours. Such behavior by verizon is absolutely unacceptable. Thoughts and ideas as to how to find a competent person to solve my problem woul be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Markfromtenafly
Enthusiast - Level 1
When are you posting a private messages so that I can provide my contact data? I would have assumed it would have been right after you posted on the public page. This has gone on long enough. Please help ASAP. Thanks.
0 Likes
Markfromtenafly
Enthusiast - Level 1
The technician finally showed up EXCPEPT AT THE WRONG HOUSE. That is, he showed up at the old house, which we confirmed with Verizon dozens of times is the old address and not the new house. Because the work order is wrong, the technician won't drive around the corner (less than a half mile away) to solve our problem. This is the most INCOMPETENT, DISREPECTFUL AND DECEITFUL organization I have ever worked with. I have never posted on a company website before, but I will not stop until this is solved.
0 Likes
LeftoutCust

So... don't leave me hanging in suspense....  What happened?  

{I've been shocked today to find out what a TERRIBLE company this is ... by the fact the Management is proving to be very poor (suck, big time) in management skills as they are continually showing blatant disregards of the publics' safety and the importance of Verizon's responsibility for maintaining this infrastructure - their piece of the job (as we are paying them for it).}

0 Likes
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

See my Verizon experience above:  'Fifth day of phone outage...' above.  File an FCC complaint, the form is here:

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000.action?form_type=2000B

(if the editor removes the link, just look up:  FCC + complaint form. 

Verizon has abandoned any semblance to a company with any ethical committment to customer service.

Based on the three failed 'repair committment dates', that have come and gone since 11/22, I think they just make these up as they go along.

I know many people - even in Manhattan - who have abandoned their landline completely, and freed themselves from the terror.

Verizon has decided to get themselves in your face 24/7, in every medium, to push wireless, Fios, expensive plans, and effectively abandoned their landline customers and infrastructure.

Their hope seems to be that after repeated such experiences of being phoneless, you will take up their offer of adding a cellular plan.

Imagine you are elderly, have had a landline for decades, and to go through the experience of being without a phone for over 1 week.

Verizon used to have bill payment centers througout NYC, where you could pay a bill in person, and in a case like this, actually speak to a live human being and report an outage like this.  Every one of those was closed years ago. 

The only thing left in the face of this contempt is to vote with your feet.  Dump the landline connection, and find a cellular plan with a provider who gives a **bleep**.  Monopolies don't give a **bleep**.

0 Likes
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW:  I don't use profanity.  The word that was 'bleeped' out started with a D and ended with an N.

When people give a {word filter avoidance} about something, they CARE about it.

0 Likes