Switch Account

Inconsistent reception on landline

Inconsistent reception on landline

Contributor sk3swli
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(980 Views)

Hi, I'm having inconsistent reception on my home phone. When someone calls and I answer the phone, I don't hear anything and the caller can't hear me either. The caller makes a second call immediately and I hear him/her fine. This happens quite often, but not all the time.

Has anyone experience this problem of not getting any reception on the first call, but on the immediate second call, the reception is normal?

5 REPLIES 5
Employee Employee
Employee
Message 2 of 6
(962 Views)

Sorry to hear about the reception problems you are having with the service. Is this happenign on just one phone in the house or all of them? Also is this happening on a corded or a cordless phone?

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor Fayte
Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(951 Views)

I have also been having the same problem and problems with the line cutting in and out like it was a cell call with low signal. It doesn't happen with every call but has been on going for about 5 months now. I thought it was just our phones but I recently tried a new one and it still persists. (FYI both phones were wireless, with a central base for the whole system and each phone with an individual charging stand.)

Contributor sk3swli
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(937 Views)

This happens on both phones, one corded and one wireless (with individual charging stand) and has been going on for a few months.

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 5 of 6
(905 Views)

Sorry for the reception issues you have been having. I have copied your posts to a private support board so we can get some account information from you both to help further. Please post all correspondences there.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Copper Contributor jackiel
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 6
(802 Views)

I *might* be having a similar problem with digital voice. I know this thread is a bit old, but if you are still occasionally having the problem with no one on the line when the phone rings - try hitting the "FLASH" button on your phone and see if your call is "on the other line". This odd work-around has worked for me. Please post back if that works - I'd like to have more evidence for Verizon tech support.

Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.