Inconsistent reception on landline
sk3swli

Hi, I'm having inconsistent reception on my home phone. When someone calls and I answer the phone, I don't hear anything and the caller can't hear me either. The caller makes a second call immediately and I hear him/her fine. This happens quite often, but not all the time.

Has anyone experience this problem of not getting any reception on the first call, but on the immediate second call, the reception is normal?

0 Likes
Re: Inconsistent reception on landline
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the reception problems you are having with the service. Is this happenign on just one phone in the house or all of them? Also is this happening on a corded or a cordless phone?

0 Likes
Fayte

I have also been having the same problem and problems with the line cutting in and out like it was a cell call with low signal. It doesn't happen with every call but has been on going for about 5 months now. I thought it was just our phones but I recently tried a new one and it still persists. (FYI both phones were wireless, with a central base for the whole system and each phone with an individual charging stand.)

0 Likes
sk3swli

This happens on both phones, one corded and one wireless (with individual charging stand) and has been going on for a few months.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the reception issues you have been having. I have copied your posts to a private support board so we can get some account information from you both to help further. Please post all correspondences there.

0 Likes
jackiel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I *might* be having a similar problem with digital voice. I know this thread is a bit old, but if you are still occasionally having the problem with no one on the line when the phone rings - try hitting the "FLASH" button on your phone and see if your call is "on the other line". This odd work-around has worked for me. Please post back if that works - I'd like to have more evidence for Verizon tech support.

Thanks!

0 Likes