Incorrect CID Name On Outbound Calls
BobAbbate

I'm having a problem with the CID and the phone directory information associated with my Verizon FIOS telephone number. The CID and the Verizon directory have remained in the name of the previous owner for over two years, now. His name is Craig {edited for privacy}. Unfortunately, Craig is a pathological dead beat. His kids are also troubled, to say the least. I've been getting all sorts of terrible calls from people that are looking for this guy and his children. I get collection calls, truancy calls and worse. Verizon can't seem to change the CID or the phone records. If you check online, his address still comes up on a search. I'm nowhere to be found. Worse still, his name is on my caller identification. It's been a problem, now, for over two years. I've called Verizon three or four times. They just shuffle me around until someone has the idea to lie to me. They always tell me to wait 24 hours. That way, they will be long gone, if I choose to call back. In the mean time, people that I call don't pick up my calls, because they don't realize it is me calling. I, also, continue to receive the calls for this person, while people looking for me can't find me. I would love to learn how to correct this, or how to get those workers at Verizon to do their job and fix it. If anyone can help with info on the subject, I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Incorrect CID Name On Outbound Calls
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BobAbbate,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes