Increase in Billing
GrannyG
Has anyone else noticed that the billing has been increasing on the Freedom Essentials? I switched over in January and my bill has increased by$300 + taxes so far.
0 Likes
Re: Increase in Billing
GrannyG

Oops by $3.00 so far. They should have a preview before posting.

0 Likes
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus

GrannyG wrote:

Oops by $3.00 so far. They should have a preview before posting.

Hello and welcome, GrannyG,

There is a Preview Post button above the window you type the post into. You also have one hour to edit your original post by going to the top right hand corner of your post and clicking Options, then Edit Post. 

0 Likes
autumn
mine has increased by more then that and I was given a paper saying it was going to increase more. I am now on the phone for over 30min on hold trying to get my back to basic service I can not afford it anymore. If it wasent for the dsl I would have my phone cut off completly and the way they are going I may just do that anyhow and get comcast internet it will be the same price.
0 Likes
GrannyG
The Freedom Essentials that I have is just the unlimited calling to anywhere in the US. I can't get the DSL where I live. Mine was supposed to be $46.99 + tax. Now it is $49.99 +tax and the inside wire maintenance went up a $1.00 too.
0 Likes
FrugalMom
Yes, I have noticed!!   My bill just keeps going up, every month, now that my one year contract is up.  I am really fed up and can never get a decent answer when I call.  I am now considering changing back to cable as the reason I switched was to save money, NOT spend more!!!  Verizon is not what I thought they would be!!  I am VERY disappointed.  The Direct TV is nice, but not worth the money I am paying just for non premium channels, and I may just go to using my cell phone to save even more!!
0 Likes
upset
Seeing red on the increases, now they are charging if you have to call in for help> talk about being gouged to death. geeshSmiley Mad up 13.00$ then when I wanted to cancel long distant service--I was charged for that. I feel we are being tricked into "bundling" so later on they can "get us" with the same and ever more charges than before. When will it end? I remember GTE and how nice they were--since "Verizon" took them over, its been hell dealing with the monopoly.Man Mad
Message Edited by upset on 08-11-2008 05:04 PM
0 Likes
kyle

my bill has gone up $6.00 ~ i'm going to try flat rate local instead of freedom value.  i think i saw in another post a moderator tell a person they have to call customer service to change plans, but you do not - it's in your account area near your billing info. all plans and info on them are located there also, just like on this page here:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Phone/

0 Likes
JZ

GrannyG,

I just noticed today the $3 increase. It's amazing that they keep going up. I have not looked at charter seriously because I have the DSL, phone and wireless with verizon but when the increases just keep coming I will. At least charter will try to keep you happy by offering discounts when you call concerned about prices.

Unbelievable.

JZ

0 Likes
bootsykowaan
That's why I'm here.  Just got the increase.  I've been trying on line to find out how I can change the plan to just basic local/regional.  It always is a problem in the phone business to make you pay for long distance even though you don't want to.  They did show me a page to just get basic local/regional calls.  I'm an old lady and I don't need all this fancy stuff.  I don't need to support rich people.  I'm poor.  I just need basic emergency contact.  I prefer my own ISP for ethernet.  This is getting ridiculous.  They make you pay taxes so rich kids can play games on ethernet all over the globe.  It's good to know that I'm going to have a hard time because I'm poor and old.  I hope I can find a phone number to call to change my plan.
0 Likes