Switch Account

Inside Battery Backup Box

Inside Battery Backup Box

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(9,598 Views)

Sorry if this is being posted in the wrong forum.  Does anyone know what the power consumption of the internal battery backup box is?  This is where I am coming from.  I previously had xxx cable (internet, phone, & tv).  When I had a power outage I did not lose anything as I have a ups on my lcd tv/cable box, and a ups on my computer/modem.  Most of my power outages last from a few seconds to a couple of minutes.  I was able to watch tv or use the computer until the ups gave out.  Now with FIOS, if the power goes out, I will only have telephone service, I assume that the modem and tv will go blank instantly even though they are still powered.  So, I was thinking of putting a small ups on the battery backup box to keep everything going.  Thoughts anyone?

Mike T.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(9,574 Views)
 I believe that the BBU uses around 34 watts. You should be able to plug the BBU into a UPS with no problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.