Switch Account

Is Verizon landline service prepaid or postpaid?

Is Verizon landline service prepaid or postpaid?

Highlighted
Contributor SteveBrown
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(364 Views)

It has been 19 years since I subscribed to home telephone landline service from Verizon, and I've forgotten whether the monthly bill is to pay for telephone service in advance, or to pay for telephone service already used, as with an electric bill. Which is it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(350 Views)

@SteveBrown wrote:

It has been 19 years since I subscribed to home telephone landline service from Verizon, and I've forgotten whether the monthly bill is to pay for telephone service in advance, or to pay for telephone service already used, as with an electric bill. Which is it? 

If it was like my mother in laws service, Verizon billed her after the fact. Long distance and directory assistance added to the invoice.

Highlighted
Contributor SteveBrown
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(330 Views)

I don't mean toll calls, which obviously cannot be billed in advance. I mean the fixed monthly charge for telephone service. Is it paid in advance, or after the fact?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(254 Views)

I believe post paid like cell phone

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.